Foundation SUP Coaching Course
About this Course
Every year, thousands of Australians and visitors come to our shores to experience the joy of surfing and stand-up paddle boarding for the first time.
The role of a Foundation SUP Coach (formerly Flat Water SUP Coach) is to introduce beginner stand-up paddle boarders to the sport in a safe, fun and supportive manner that goes beyond the simple instruction of skill.
First and foremost, coaches will learn the importance of safety and how to provide a safe environment through their knowledge of waterways and their ability to identify and manage risks.
The Foundation SUP Coaching Course consists of an online learning component and 20 hours of practical coaching at a Surfing Australia Affiliated SUP School.
In order to gain this accreditation you must be at least 16 years of age.
To achieve accreditation as a Foundation SUP Coach, you will need to upload documentation for each of the below credentials in Surfing Australia’s membership portal, the Surfing Portal.
- Certificate of completion for the Foundation SUP Coaching Course
- Ocean safety qualification (Surf Rescue Certificate, Bronze Medallion, Ocean Safety Surf Coach Award or equivalent)
- Provide first aid (HLTAID003)
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Working With Children Check
- Play by the Rules – Child Protection
- State membership
How To Enrol
- Login or create an account in Surfing Australia’s membership portal
- Click on Events & Courses
- Click on Training & Courses
- Click on Foundation SUP Coaching Course