Foundation SUP Coaching Course
About this Course
Every year, thousands of Australians and visitors come to our shores to experience the joy of surfing and stand-up paddle boarding for the first time.
The role of a Foundation SUP Coach (formerly Flat Water SUP Coach) is to introduce beginner stand-up paddle boarders to the sport in a safe, fun and supportive manner that goes beyond the simple instruction of skill.
First and foremost, coaches will learn the importance of safety and how to provide a safe environment through their knowledge of waterways and their ability to identify and manage risks.
The Foundation SUP Coaching Course consists of an online learning component and 20 hours of practical coaching at a Surfing Australia Affiliated SUP School.
In order to gain this accreditation you must be at least 16 years of age.
To achieve accreditation as a Foundation SUP Coach, you will need to have the following items complete on your Surfing Australia profile:
- Completion of the Foundation SUP Coaching Course in the Surfing Learning Centre
- Current Ocean Safety qualification (Surf Life Saving Certificate, Bronze Medallion, Ocean Safety Surf Coach Award or equivalent*)
- Current First Aid qualification (HLTAID011)
- Current CPR qualification (HLTAID009)
- Current Working With Children Check
- Completion of the Child Protection and Safeguarding course in the Surfing Learning Centre
- Current state association membership
*Please note that Surfers Rescue 24/7 course does not qualify as an Ocean Safety qualification
How To Enrol
- Login or create an account in Surfing Australia’s membership portal
- Click on Events & Courses
- Click on Training & Courses
- Click on Foundation SUP Coaching Course
Login to your profile or Sign up to our new Surfing Portal.
Head to your Surfing Portal to purchase or renew memberships
Events & Courses
Head to your Surfing Portal to enter events and courses.