CASUARINA/NSW( Monday, May 10th/2021): The 2021 Australian National Titles calendar gets underway this month at Bells Beach when the Australian Indigenous Surfing Titles presented by Rip Curl and Headsox returns to Wadawurrung Country from May 28th.
The next cab off the rank is the Australian Surf Championships in Port Macquarie on August 7th with the Australian Shortboard Titles getting the sixteen-day long Longboard, Para, Shortboard and Bodyboard extravaganza underway.
Victoria plays host to the Australian SUP Titles returning to the epic Phillip Island from October 12th with five days of amazing surf and race action sure to keep spectators happy as both bay and beachside of the island creates a canvas for Aussie champs to be crowned.
The calendar year wraps up in sunny Queensland for the Australian Junior Surfing Titles on North Stradbroke Island from late November into December.
Surfing Australia CEO Chris Mater said: “ We are happy to be able to run our traditional national titles once again in 2021 after a tough year of cancellations in 2020. Australian Surfing is blessed with amazing locations like Bells, Phillip Island, Port Macquarie and North Stradbroke Island to host epic national titles and crown Aussie Champions most importantly. Good luck to all competitors across the board and I look forward to watching everyone rip in!”
NOTE: All events and event dates are subject to change. Surfing Australia strictly adheres to any Federal Government directive regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Australian Surf Championships – Port Macquarie, NSW – August 6 – 23, 2021
· August 6 – Opening Ceremony for the Australian Shortboard Titles
· August 7 – 11 – Period for the Australian Shortboard Titles (Further division scheduling to follow)
· August 11 – Opening Ceremony for the Australian Longboard Titles
· August 12 – 20 – Period for the Australian Longboard Titles (Further division scheduling to follow)
· August 21 – Australian Para Surfing Titles (All divisions on standby)
· August 22 – 23 – Period for the Reflections Holiday Parks Australian Bodyboard Titles (Further division scheduling to follow)
- Australian Indigenous Surfing Titles presented by Rip Curl & Headsox – Bells Beach, VIC – May 28 – 30, 2021.
Surfing Victoria’s Government partners are:Victorian Government, Surf Coast Shire, Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Australian SUP Titles – Phillip Island, VIC – Oct 12 – 17, 2021 (All divisions on standby)
- Australian Junior Surfing Titles – North Stradbroke Island, QLD – Nov 27 – Dec 4, 2021 (All divisions on standby)