Introducing a new and exciting surfing event, the Women’s Surf Festival celebrates women styling the waves in surfing, lifestyle and sustainability.
The Womens Surf Festival will take place on 20 November 2021 at Queen Elizabeth Park, Coolangatta, Gold Coast.
This festival includes a full programme that brings the wider surfing community under one umbrella for the first time, and features some of Australia’s leading surfing women and specialists bought together to inspire, inform and entertain. They all share the same purpose: to live a clean, safe and eco-friendly lifestyle in and out of the surf.
The workshop line-up includes Kirra Molnar, Rachael Tilly, Candice Land, Mason Schremmer, Lilliana Bowery, Jalaan Slabb, Hannah Prewitt, Sally Howe, Sarra Robertson, Kimberly Kushner, alongside a host of celebrated artists and entertainers.
Girls and women of all ages and surfing abilities can choose to participate and engage in a range of sessions that inspire and interest them including:
– Surfing workshops including longboard technical performance, wellness, nutrition, and photography;
– Surfing lessons covering ocean safety, confidence, technical moves, and getting competition ready;
– Beach yoga, surf art, beach clean-ups and dune planting;
– The biggest female inspired surf market place featuring the best local surf wear brands including Salt Gypsy and Inner Relm, Willow surf boards (all with an eco-friendly focus).
Tickets are now available, with limited spaces at each session.
With the growing community of women surfers in the Gold Coast, across Queensland now is the time for a dedicated Womens Surf Festival that celebrates this amazing sport and lifestyle for women across the generations. The Womens Surf Festival will be held alongside the Kirra Longboard Klassic, along one of the most beautiful World Surf Reserves.
A few interesting facts:
- Since 2010 there has been a 20% increase in female surfing participation across Australia.
- Interestingly in the 50+ age group there was a 45% increase proving there is no age limit to give surfing a go.
- Women surf community groups are on the rise. For example, Surf Witches has close to 2000 members since starting up March 2019, where their mantra is “never surf without friends again”.
A few quotes from some of the Womens Surf Festival team:
“It is really going to knock down a lot of the barriers for people. It’s about everyone being able to feel comfortable to come and learn”. Belén Kimble Fuller: Professional Surfer & Owner of Salty Girls Surf School
‘[The WSF is] not just for women… from any age from 12-year-olds or younger to over 60’s, whoever. Ideally, the bigger the range the better. The idea is [that] it’s for everyone’. Kirra Molnar: Professional Surfer & Surfing Coach
For more details contact:
M: +61 410 750 036